HTML to Word Document using OpenOffice
Amazing how many organizations still want a web application developer to provide a word version of their CV. If you have your CV online like me, here is a quick and easy way to get it into word format.
- Export your online CV from your browser to HTML. In Chrome, I did Wrench button-> Save as.. and save it as "Webpage, HTML only"
- Launch Open Office Writer and go to Insert menu and select "File" from the bottom of the menu.
- Note: Do not try to import the HTML by selecting File->Open as you will open the file and go into "HTML mode" of OpenOffice Writer and from there you will not be able to convert to .doc format.
- From this point do some basic formatting changes and "Save As.." "Word 97/2000/XP".
- Pushed on 05/31/2013 by Christian