Time machine Error copying files
Time machine couldn't complete the backup to <disk name> An error occurred while copying files. The problem may be temporary. If the problem persists, Disk Utility to repair your backup disk.
This is how I fixed this particular Time machine error:
- Open the Console log
- Filter results by "backupd" and copy and paste the error of the failing file.
- In this case the problem files were non-crucial library files. Therefore, I pasted the Console log error and edited the message to just contain the file path information.
- Next, I edited the file path to the parent directory as in my case there were many file errors within this parent directory
- Open a terminal window and execute the following command to exclude this directory from backups.
- Restart Time machine.
sudo tmutil addexclusion -p /usr/local/lib/node_modules/generator-chrome-extension/
-pswitch gives a permanence to the exclusion.
sudo tmutil startbackup
- Pushed on 01/24/2014 by Christian