Getting starting with the modern Ruby QuickBooks Online client, the qbo_api gem, Part 1
Spin up an example app
Ok, I made the arguments why the qbo_api gem is the "modern" Ruby QuickBooks Online API client but what is the best way to get started using it? I'd advise you to spin up the example app included in the library.
- Clone the
qbo_apigem, switch into the new directory, and
- Create a .env file with your QuickBooks Online API app's
- Consumer key and secret? Keep following.
- If needed create an account at https://developer.intuit.com
- Click "Get started coding"
- Create an app with both the Accounting & Payments selected.
- Go to the Development tab and copy and paste the consumer key and secret into the .env file.
- Start up the example app
- Use the Connect to QuickBooks button to connect to your QuickBooks sandbox, which you receive when signing up at https://developer.intuit.com.
- Click on "Connect to QuickBooks"
- Next, goto the address is
$ git clone git://github.com/minimul/qbo_api $ cd qbo_api $ bundle
# and put'em the .env file (located at the qbo_api root dir) like so export QBO_API_CONSUMER_KEY=<Your QuickBooks apps consumer key> export QBO_API_CONSUMER_SECRET=<Your QuickBooks apps consumer secret>
$ ruby example/app.rb
Get Ruby flavored QuickBooks related articles delivered to your Mailbox.